Your pets are family, and PetArmor® helps you confidently care for your dogs—especially when it comes to flea and tick control. PetArmor® Plus collars conveniently provide vet-quality, head-to-tail protection without the expense of a vet visit. Each one-size-fits-all dog collar works to kill fleas and ticks, even ticks that may transmit Lyme disease, for six months. This flea and tick treatment for dogs also kills fleas, flea eggs, and flea larvae, helping to prevent flea infestations. This tick and flea treatment for dogs is both easy to use and waterproof, designed to provide a more secure fit.
HOW DO THESE PRODUCTS SPREAD OVER A PET’S BODY?The collar uses sustained release technology by releasing the active ingredient at a steady rate for up to 6 months. The dog’s natural oils help to distribute the product through your dog’s skin and coat, providing full body protection.
SHOULD MY DOG WEAR THIS FLEA AND TICK COLLAR FOR DOGS ALL THE TIME?Yes, the Flea and Tick Collar for Dogs must be worn continuously, and a new one should be re-applied every 6 months.
CAN I APPLY ANOTHER FLEA AND TICK TREATMENT (TOPICAL OR ORAL) TO MY DOG AFTER I HAVE APPLIED THE COLLAR?No. This will put your pet at risk of an overdose of flea and tick product.
HOW LONG AFTER APPLICATION CAN MY PET BE BATHED?This product is waterproof and remains effective for 6 months. You can bathe your pet immediately after applying the collar. Getting the collar wet will not impair its effectiveness. However, we recommend checking under the collar while the dog’s coat is drying to ensure that the collar is not causing any irritation.
WHO DO I CONTACT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT PetArmor®?For any questions regarding PetArmor® products, our social care team is available to answer your questions Mon-Friday, 8am to 4pm CST. Or you can call us 24 hours, seven days a week at 1-800-224-7387.
HOW TO USE
Using the PetArmor® Plus Flea and Tick Collar for Dogs at home is easy. Just follow these steps each time you use the product.
DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT ON CATS. Be sure to choose dog products for dogs and cat products for cats. These products are different formulations based on the species and SHOULD NEVER be used interchangeably.
Don't forget to consider your dog's age. ONLY use the PetArmor® Plus Flea and Tick Collar for Dogs on dogs and puppies 12 weeks of age and older.
Read the entire label carefully before using any product on your dog. For additional help or more information, our social care team is available to answer your questions Mon-Friday, 8am to 4pm CST. Or you can call us at 1-800-224-7387.
USING THE PRODUCT
Do not open package until ready to use. Do not let children play with collar. Dust may form on collar during storage. Do not get dust in mouth or eyes. Use only one collar per dog at a time.
- Unroll the collar.
- Separate the collar from the pull-tab strip. Start at either end by slowly pulling the strip away from the collar. Pull on any remaining strip to remove it. Discard the pull-tab strip in the trash.
- Place the collar around dog's neck. Pinch the buckle, then insert the end of the collar through the buckle and slide to adjust for fit. Two fingers should fit between the collar and neck. Maximum effectiveness may not occur for 2-3 weeks after collar placement. The collar must be worn loosely to allow for growth of the dog and to permit the collar to move about the neck.
- Once fitted comfortably, feed the excess collar through the loops.
- Any excess length of the collar beyond 2-3 inches past the loops should be cut off, wrapped in newspaper, and placed in the trash. (Depending on the size of your dog, it may be easier to cut off the excess length before feeding through the loops.)
- Wash hands after placing collar on dog.